Thursday, August 14, 2008

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Because I am a consultant for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I have the opportunity to be inside the Museum when no one else in there. I feel very privileged at these times. Here is a picture of the Great Hall, taken at 6 p.m. On a normal day it is otherwise filled with people from all over the world.

Here is a shot of the beautiful corridor containing mostly Roman copies of ancient Greek art, likewise empty of people (except me) at 6 p.m.

I think I like bestwalking through the Arms and Armour galleries, one of the most visited galleries of all at the Met, when it is full of people, including lots of kids.


But see what a good job my new camera does! I had been without one for months.


Tomorrow I am off for a week in Vienna. P.C. will stay here by himself and have the opportunity to play his music as loud as he likes (including of that Viennese composer Mahler). When I return, more about Goethe, who by the way never visited Vienna.

No comments: